Resisting vehicle search

S

Sagiv

I watched a video on youtube where a police officer asked a guy to step out of his vehicle so he(the officer)could perform a search. He's probable cause was the smell of marijuana in the car. The guy refused to let him search, so a couple of other police officers came to the scene and helped the other police officer to drag the guy out of his car for search purposes, the guy still refused and tried to get loose from the officer's grip, they ended up tazing him in the crotch area after several warnings.

I've seen some comments in the comment section claiming it was wrong, what the officers did. Since I'm not a citizen of the USA, I was wondering if they were actually right(the guys in the comment section)or were the officers doing what's right.
Some said that it is a violation of the right for private property, some said it's a violation of the fourth amendment...

I watched a video on youtube where a police officer asked a guy to step out of his vehicle so he(the officer)could perform a search. He's probable cause was the smell of marijuana in the car. The guy refused to let him search, so a couple of other police officers came to the scene and helped the other police officer to drag the guy out of his car for search purposes, the guy still refused and tried to get loose from the officer's grip, they ended up tazing him in the crotch area after several warnings.

I've seen some comments in the comment section claiming it was wrong, what the officers did. Since I'm not a citizen of the USA, I was wondering if they were actually right(the guys in the comment section)or were the officers doing what's right.
Some said that it is a violation of the right for private property, some said it's a violation of the fourth amendment...

Be smart, never resist a police officer.

If you believe a search is unlawful, simply POLITELY refuse to provide your consent to the search.

The issue there will be, many times your consent isn't necessary.

Again, never argue with the police on the street.

Cooperate, remain calm, upon your eventual release; two things you will be grateful for:

ONE - You didn't get a beat down, or a hospital visit for resisting

TWO - You preserved your rights for you (or your lawyer) to argue the matter before a judge

Be smart, never resist a police officer.

If you believe a search is unlawful, simply POLITELY refuse to provide your consent to the search.

The issue there will be, many times your consent isn't necessary.

Again, never argue with the police on the street.

Cooperate, remain calm, upon your eventual release; two things you will be grateful for:

ONE - You didn't get a beat down, or a hospital visit for resisting

TWO - You preserved your rights for you (or your lawyer) to argue the matter before a judge
Thank you for your quick reply ! I just want to know if the officers didn't violate any rights and did something they weren't supposed to do ?

There are 50 US states, and numerous municipalities. I (for one) am not going to do that much research for an idle question.

Plus, I believe the US Supreme Court has ruled on that matter. o_O

Thank you for your quick reply ! I just want to know if the officers didn't violate any rights and did something they weren't supposed to do ?

I'm just another DUMMY on the Internet.
Mate, my frigging dog, nor will my horse, listen to me.
You're probably smarter than my horse and my dog put together.
Only a court can decide if the officer was wrong, her actions illegal, and whose rights (if anyone's) were violated.

Only a court, in one of 50 US states, has the power to decide who did what to whom.

I laid out how you can avoid trouble, and/or a criminal record.
I even told you how to avoid a hospital stay.

Be smart, don't break THEIR laws anywhere on this planet, mate.

Some of THEM, play rough, very rough, mate.

Obey THEIR laws, don't resist their police.

I'm just another DUMMY on the Internet.
Mate, my frigging dog, nor will my horse, listen to me.
You're probably smarter than my horse and my dog put together.
Only a court can decide if the officer was wrong, her actions illegal, and whose rights (if anyone's) were violated.

Only a court, in one of 50 US states, has the power to decide who did what to whom.

I laid out how you can avoid trouble, and/or a criminal record.
I even told you how to avoid a hospital stay.

Be smart, don't break THEIR laws anywhere on this planet, mate.

Some of THEM, play rough, very rough, mate.

Obey THEIR laws, don't resist their police.
I'm not as stupid as the guy on that video who got his nuts tazed because he tried to fight off a police officer.
I will never mess around with the police as long as my life isn't on the line. I actually respect a lot of them for doing their jobs and keeping me safe at all times. Just wanted to make sure I was right and what they were doing in that video was ok.

I'm not as stupid as the guy on that video who got his nuts tazed because he tried to fight off a police officer.
I will never mess around with the police as long as my life isn't on the line. I actually respect a lot of them for doing their jobs and keeping me safe at all times. Just wanted to make sure I was right and what they were doing in that video was ok.

I don't know who, or what was right.
I'm only trying to stay alive.
To do that, I don't piss people off.
I keep to myself and mine.
I associate only with about five known, and trusted associates.

I trust only three people on this planet.
A few more, I'll vouch for them.

Those I employ, it's just a business relationship.

I never revealed who, or what I support.
I'll do so now.
I support law and order in our society.
I support our constitution.
I avoid ALL conflict these days.
I religiously OBEY THEIR laws.
I never said you were stupid.
I don't know you.
I'll never know you.
You'll never know me.
Be well, mate, stay safe.

Back