Residency of minors outside the parents home

Status
Not open for further replies.

desperateminor

Ok, i'm new to this but i have a question, i live in Roswell New Mexico, i'm about to turn 17 8 months ago my dad told me to leave his home, my mother had previously told me the same thing, she offered a room to me but would rather i live with her ex-husband, Justin. Justin my mom and i signed a form for the public school system here so that i could continue my high school education, as far as the school is concerned he is my legal guardian. however, my mother never signed any legal documentation to turn over parental rights, nor did my father who recently moved out of state. i have lived with Justin since April 21, 2006 he was very nice to take me in but it concerns me that if he wanted to my father, who still legally has physical custody of me, could report me as a run-away, this would be the third time for me and i've been told i could face a juevnile detention center. i have also heard that after the age of 17 a minor can legally reside outside the parents' home, is this true?or:confused could i still be reported as a run-away?:confused:

Go talk to the juvenile authorities in your county.

They could give you guidance.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back