Requesting Court/County Change

informplse

Jurisdiction
Michigan
Currently have a custody case in the county where my daughter and I use to live. We moved to another county in January 2017. A Final Order has not happened yet - still in a Temporary Order... waiting on the agreement from mediation to be produced.

Is there a time frame of when a request to have the case moved to the county where my daughter and I live?
What is that process/steps?
About how long does it take?
Is it even possible?

Please and Thank You!

Is there a time frame of when a request to have the case moved to the county where my daughter and I live?

No. You can do it any time. No time like the present.

What is that process/steps?

File a motion with the court. Serve a copy on your opponent.

About how long does it take?

Your opponent will have an opportunity to respond to it. There might even be a hearing on it. Count on several weeks, maybe even a month or two.

Is it even possible?

Of course, it's possible.

But you might want to wait until after the mediation thing is done.

No. You can do it any time. No time like the present.

File a motion with the court. Serve a copy on your opponent.

Your opponent will have an opportunity to respond to it. There might even be a hearing on it. Count on several weeks, maybe even a month or two.

Of course, it's possible.

But you might want to wait until after the mediation thing is done.

Thank you!

Yeah, you're not going to get that case moved before the mediator makes his/her/its recommendations and the judge signs the orders. So, yes, Dad will get visitation, no matter how 'awful' you think he is now.
(OP has been posting down the street). o_O

Yeah, you're not going to get that case moved before the mediator makes his/her/its recommendations and the judge signs the orders. So, yes, Dad will get visitation, no matter how 'awful' you think he is now.
(OP has been posting down the street). o_O

I know that I can't change now and wasn't planning to do so. I didn't know if her and I had to be living in the county we're in now for 6-9 months or something.

What does this mean: (OP has been posting down the street). o_O?

I know that I can't change now and wasn't planning to do so. I didn't know if her and I had to be living in the county we're in now for 6-9 months or something.

What does this mean: (OP has been posting down the street). o_O?

I believe it means you've been posting on another forum...

Back