Repossession

NLee71123

Jurisdiction
California
I have a very shady loan sharking financial group for my car. After 4.5 years of ontime payments i missed one. When they called I went right into the office and to pay and they would not accept anything but cash, which I did not have on me. long story short broke my ankel couldn't make it in, tried everything with them, downloaded a transfer funds app they directed to, nothing worked, This was a friday afternoon and I told them I would send my sister with money on Monday since they were about to close for the weekend. They repossessed my car. I am now trying to retrieve it, I have all the money they are requesting including fees etc. the insurance and registration but my license is recently suspended so I asked if I could have my sister pick it up with me with her valid license and they said no and proceeded to scream at me. All of the towing companies I called said they would release the car no problem. .. what can I do? they are charging me daily to store it. I would have owned the car in December... help!

I have a very shady loan sharking financial group for my car. After 4.5 years of ontime payments i missed one. When they called I went right into the office and to pay and they would not accept anything but cash, which I did not have on me. long story short broke my ankel couldn't make it in, tried everything with them, downloaded a transfer funds app they directed to, nothing worked, This was a friday afternoon and I told them I would send my sister with money on Monday since they were about to close for the weekend. They repossessed my car. I am now trying to retrieve it, I have all the money they are requesting including fees etc. the insurance and registration but my license is recently suspended so I asked if I could have my sister pick it up with me with her valid license and they said no and proceeded to scream at me. All of the towing companies I called said they would release the car no problem. .. what can I do? they are charging me daily to store it. I would have owned the car in December... help!

They appear to be holding you to the letter of your contract.

Not much you can do QUICKLY to limit your EXTRA expenditure except pay in full according to their demands.

Gather the necessary funds and take the ENTIRE amount owed with you in cash, along with your sister and her valid license.

You can plead that because of your medical condition you can't drive, which is why your sister accompanied you, simply to drive you home.

Your other option would be to do as suggested above, cash, sister, you go to their offices. Arrange for a licensed tow truck to transport the car to your residence.

If those options are unacceptable to the lender, your next option will be to consult a lawyer to discuss any potential remedies which may be available to you.

Thank you! I am trying to resolve the license issue tomorrow at dmv but I wanted to see other options. These guys are so nasty I wouldn't be surprised if they try and sell the vehicle before I can pay.

Thank you! I am trying to resolve the license issue tomorrow at dmv but I wanted to see other options. These guys are so nasty I wouldn't be surprised if they try and sell the vehicle before I can pay.

I suggest you focus on a solution to get the car back ASAP, avoiding more storage fees and costs.

Once the car is in your possession, I'd focus on making sure I paid it off as early as possible.

You also want to make sure you have proof of valid insurance as the lender seems vindictive.

Back