repossesion of my car

Status
Not open for further replies.

stopjoshr

so toyota wants to reposses my car. since i got the car they have not sent me a bill to me once. they sent a tow truck about a month ago to repo mycar. confused bc i haven't heard a word from toyota since i got it. (that was the 3rd month after getting it. ) he informs me to call toyota i did so and they told me the account was closed, confused i told them i haven't even gotten a bill or heard from them they said ok but the account is closed and i haven't paid. i offer to start paying after i get a bill and that i could do a little over the phone. the lady laughs and goes thats not enough. then refused to let me talk to a supervisor so i said okay and hung up.
(still no bill or any other word from toyota)
a few weeks later another repo company comes to take it. i call the repo man and tell him its there is an ongoing dispute with toyota. the next day toyota (heath) calls and tells me i NEED to call him back before 2. then calls and says before 7:30. i called him back and told him i was recording the convo for my purposes he tells me that i can't do that... and starts to yell that he's called me twice a day for 60 days. which they have not proven by my phone records. also they added and another name to my credit report

what my question is can they repo my car with out warning of late payments or closing my account with out my knowledgement? can i sue

and can they add another name to my credit

Last edited:
You took on the responsibility of a car loan, you signed a contract, did you honestly think that just because they didn't send you a payment booklet or a bill that you didn't owe the payment? You should have called Toyota months ago, I don't understand how you drove a car around for months and assumed you didn't have to make a payment just because you didn't get a bill.

i understand

i understand that.
but they weren't sending me bills. no amount nothing. then call me and say they closed my account. i looked up the laws they are suppose to give written notice of repossesion. none of which was done. and how can they add another name to my credit? i understand they can take it and that i should of paid but, it was handled incorrectly, they should have billed me and gave notice of my account being closed. there is something extremely wrong with the way they do business.

What do you mean they added another name to your credit?

so now when i look at this my credit report

it looks like this john p smith 555-34-5555 then my address
AKA also known as ed ward p smith 555-34-5555 then my address.

i didn't give them another name to call me by they just put it on there and put the loan i think on that name and mine

The AKA indicates that there is another name with that social security number. Even though YOU didn't give them that name...is it a name you have used in the past or present?

If it is ,then you have your answer. The can definitely add an AKA to your account.
They would not add a different person to your loan...that makes no sense...they obviously think this other person is you as well. Is it?

They only have to notify you once the car is repoed they are not going to send a notice stating they are going to repo then they would never find it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back