Repossesion/Ford motor credit class action suit

Status
Not open for further replies.

aroessel

In oct. 1999 I purchased a car. It was financed through ford motor credit at a 28% interest rate. At the time i was a very nieve 20 year old buying her first car. I didn't not have bad credit. Didn't have much credit, but it was all perfect. It wasn't till years later that I relized how EXTREMELY HIGH my interest rate was. By that point the car had been repossed and I began to feel very cheated. After alot of research I ran a cross a class action law suit that acused ford motor credit of hiking up their interest rates. My question is, is it too late to do something about it? The car is long gone. i realize that. I don't really even care about the money lost so much as I do repairing my credit. I've worked so hard at keeping atleast a good credit rating but now it has gone to crap over the repossesion. Oh yeah....may be of importance.... They have taken me to court over the remaining balance of the loan and there was a judgement made. I have not paid them anything though. I do know this puts me in the wrong because no matter how nieve I was I did sign a contract with them. But considering I had already paid well over $20,000 at the time of the repo on a $14,000 loan, I can't bring myself to pay them another cent!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back