Repossed Pick up-truck

Status
Not open for further replies.

jannyann23

This truck was purchased in May of 1999 we defaulted on it in 2001 and it was repossed. We just received a summons on the 21st of July I called this Firm which is a debt collector in which my husband is being sued. As in the past we have negotiated a lump sum but they denied it, after about 6mts. later the gentleman called back and said he would take it well we didn't have the money then. So then it was bought by another collector I tried to negotiate a amount with him and make monthly payments he compared this debt to murder I replied their is no way it even comes close he told me his fellow workers would laugh him out of the office so I did not answer any of his calls again. Now they sent this to a law firm out of Grand Rapids and they had it delivered to my home my husband was not home at the time it was on a Saturday and asked if I would give it to him I took it not knowing what it was, I contacted this firm and talked to a lady she was very firm on my husband paying telling me we have to go to the bank and get a loan it was more important than our house payment and how they will garnish his wages and our bank accounts. Also I called her back to tell he we couldn't make it to the bank and she said even if I sent a dollar to stop any further action. Their has been a certified letter at the post office in which my husband has not gotten because they are closed when he gets home. According to the Michigan Statue of Limitation after 6yrs you can't be sued it also states on the summons that the account was opened on 5-21-1999 and a last payment was made on 4-22-2003 I don't believe I would make a payment after the truck was taken. Do they go by the last payment or when it was opened. I pulled a trans-union credit report last December for my husband it says estimated date that this will item will be removed is on for 7-2007 and 10-2007 so if this is removed from his credit report does that mean it is gone. He is no longer responsible for this debt. What I would like to know is do we just ignor it do they have any legal rights to our assets.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back