Reply to collections summons

Status
Not open for further replies.

nufella

I received a summons from a collections agency/attorney stating that my repossessed vehicle was sold at a public sale and the proceeds were applied to my outstanding balance. The summons also states that attached exhibits reflected the outcome. There are no exhibits and the stated proceeds are the same as my original outstanding balance. I deny ever being informed about a public sale. In my reply to this summons, can I say it is invalid for lack of documentation and/or notification?

Thanks in advance for any assistance.

In my reply to this summons, can I say it is invalid for lack of documentation and/or notification?
No, you can't. Just because you didn't receive any notifications, that doesn't mean that the process was not carried properly. One doesn't know from your posting if you moved out of the place listed on your car registration or if the last know address was still your current address. The attorney worked with what s/he had. You need to contact the attorney and have him/her send you the exhibits and so you can see what happened with the sale of the truck.

Thanks presutin: However, I have not moved and I was in contact with the original creditor either by phone or US mail, until recently. Again, I was never notified about a public sale until I received the summons on Friday, 9/12/08. If the vehicle was sold as claimed, it seems to me that it was sold for the same price as my outstanding balance. Does that sound correct to you?

Thanks again,

nufella

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back