Replevin?

Nicola

Jurisdiction
Florida
I asked my ex 2 years post divorce to keep my dogs until I moved. I started to ask for their return one month later but he refused. According to Our final judgement, the dogs are mine and we're mine prior to marriage. I filed a case in county civil, but the judge says jurisdiction is in family. Attorney filed again and a different judge says to clarify final judgement even though the dogs were never marital property and I had them two years post divorce.
Went to family court and the judge denied the motion my attorney filed for contempt stating it's not the way to go about and because I gave him the dogs, though temporary, he cannot hold him in contempt.
I filed a replevin case with a different judge hit the defendant and thief's attorney filed a motion to dismiss citing the ruling of the other judges so the replevin judge says it has to go back to the original civil judge. The court is sending me back and forth and they seem to be confused as to where this case belongs.

I don't know what to tell you. I think it belongs back in family court to enforce the decree but I have no idea how you'll get it back there.

I don't know what to tell you. I think it belongs back in family court to enforce the decree but I have no idea how you'll get it back there.
The family judge says he can't enforce final judgement because I asked him to keep the dogs. There's somebody law about that. Mostatyonrey and the family judge believes it's a replevin case considering they are not marital property and this was 2 years after my divorce.
Are you an attorney

Two years is abnormally long time to allow someone to hold your property.

The judges might appear to think the passage of two years is enough to consider you abandoned the property.

I don't see a way forward for you, and if you prevail it'll be expensively prohibitive, because you'll expend attorney's fees and eventually the other party will seek compensation for care of the animals.

Back