Repayment Plan to employer for theft.

Status
Not open for further replies.

carasmith

I am a operations manager for a successfull small manufacturing company. Over the last six months I have stole over $15,000. worth of raw material and sold for scrap to support a hidden out of control 7yr oxycoton habit. I hid my habit from everyone family friends and business.

I tried to quit several times on my own. Anyway I got caught for the habit and theft. During my intitial meeting with the owner of the company he said "we have got to get you fixed" He was very concerned for my health family etc. "We will even pay you while your off" I was very shocked fiquired i had just lost my job with over 20 years of service. During this meeting we estimated just over a 10k loss. I went out got treatment. During my treatment it became aparent that he was having a slight change of heart. I did not receive pay. Our accountant and our bookkeeper may swayed his opionion on the matter. I did come back to work about a week after my detox. Right now I am in a intensive outpatient treatment for opiate abuse and working full time in my normal position. The total scrap value of the material summed 15k. The total replacement value is closer to 50K.

Can we enter a legal repayment aggreement paying the company back and them not being allowed to press criminal civil charges?

John Doe

Yes you can. You are fortunate that you have not already been arrested.
You owe the actual value of the materials, not the amount you received for scrapping them.

You need to consult a good criminal defense attorney.

You are at great legal peril.

You might not be competent to agree to anything.

Consult a good criminal defense attorney.

See what he or she advises.

Sent from my iPad3 using Tapatalk HD

Last edited:
Ok thanks to everyone for the speedy response. Now can this agreement bar him the sole owner of the company from prosecuting me. Even if say 1/2 way into it I had to file 7 or 13 or became disabled etc.

Oh by the way I am 2 years into a 13 repayment. OK I am getting a lawyer maybe even a finacial counslel to fiqure this mess out. Can the contract be binding in that I can not be sued or letigated civily or criminaly. This is very good Job for me it pays well. The other worry I have is if company disolves? What if I get hurt somehow or am unable to repay down the road. Can this be written as a unsecured debt? Subject to normal bankruptcy laws? I have no intention of leaving the company, or filling 7. Right now I am 2 years into a 13. This is very good Job for me it pays well. I know this is alot to ask thanks for all your help.

Oh by the way I am 2 years into a 13 repayment. OK I am getting a lawyer maybe even a finacial counslel to fiqure this mess out. Can the contract be binding in that I can not be sued or letigated civily or criminaly. This is very good Job for me it pays well. The other worry I have is if company disolves? What if I get hurt somehow or am unable to repay down the road. Can this be written as a unsecured debt? Subject to normal bankruptcy laws? I have no intention of leaving the company, or filling 7. Right now I am 2 years into a 13. This is very good Job for me it pays well. I know this is alot to ask thanks for all your help.

We can't answer that.
That's why you need YOUR OWN LAWYER.
I think we've suggested you see a lawyer.
You should do that Monday.
You're looking for guarantees.
This isn't an idiot proof world.
Your other worry is, what if the company is sold.
Generally, the statute of limitations should protect you.

You might have passed that already, that's another question you need to run by YOUR LAWYER.

Sent from my iPad3 using Tapatalk HD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back