1. Free Legal Help, Legal Forms and Lawyers. TheLaw.com has been providing free legal assistance online since 1995. Our most popular destinations for legal help are below. It only takes a minute to join our legal community!

Dismiss Notice

Renew a green card and my records Permanent Residency

Discussion in 'Green Card, Residency, Naturalization' started by SALIS, May 7, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SALIS

SALIS Law Topic Starter New Member

Have permanent Green Card since 1991, it expired in 2001, did not renew before financial problems, need to renew one thing to another and I pulled these years without renewing and afraid of being arrested. I started working autonomously, have declared my taxes, but even my driver license has expired and I can not renew because the green card has expired. Can you help me to renew green card? But first I want to know how is my criminal records in Massachusetts (Boston), because I do not know if I should any traffic ticket or vehicle registration. How can check my CORI. My friends are going to help me financially to solve these problems. I do not have phone only email contact.

2. army judge

army judge Super Moderator

No one here is empowered to assist with Green Card renewal.
    If you have friends financially assisting you, ask them to HIRE you a lawyer.
    However, with a 13 year lapse, and on the lam, I doubt you'll get that card renewed.

3. Betty3

Betty3 Super Moderator

Based on what you posted, it doesn't look good re renewing your green card. However, it certainly can't hurt to talk to an immigration attorney.

4. Proserpina

Proserpina Moderator

That's not exactly accurate.

His status is still that of an LPR; it's simply the card which expires, not his residency.

OP, tell us more about your convictions and the timeline involved.

5. SALIS

Renew a expired green card

I do not renewed my green card because he was in financial trouble, but I'm working as autonomous and paying my taxes. Unfortunately I became ill with depression, and I was unemployed long years, but my friends helped me and not depended on help from the government, was never a problem for the government, always worked, I was never arrested or prosecuted. I can even pay a adovgado, but the right price. For nehum not committed a crime, not only renewed my green card. 'm Confiente in your reply thanks if you can help me with more information would be grateful.

6. Proserpina

Proserpina Moderator

If you could clarify that for me, that would be good :)

7. Betty3

Betty3 Super Moderator

Agree, you need to make your post a little more clear or you can always discuss your situation with an immigration attorney.

8. SALIS

Renew a expired green card

I have my permanent green card since 1991 , he won in 2001 . I was sick with depression and have problems in one of the views , I see only 10 % in one of the views . I was having my income tax , and this created more debt and difficulties to continue life as normal. I've never used the government for anything , never asked no social benefits . So I started in 1995 working for myself and a few years left to pay income tax . Currently I am making these statements about 09 years , and making a payment arrangement . I do not want to owe tax nehum . During this period I stopped paying taxes , also not cooperated for Social Secrity . I have no driver's license, because as I said , I can not drive because the eye exam , I failed and I can not drive with 10% vision in one of the views . I want and need to renew my green card , but due to all these problems was walking life and only now I can begin to resolve . I ask , what can happen to me ? be deported after 26 years in the U.S. , as I have neither return to my country , my relatives have even died and not even know what I would do there , I need a help, can not afford a lawyer, but I have no idea what would be the value for that job , and what the role of the lawyer , the principle in renewal of green card . If someone can help me , I am grateful and God bless you all