Remove misdemeanor conviction from state record

Guy Schenk Jr.

Jurisdiction
Wisconsin
I have 2 misdemeanor Disorderly Conduct convictions on my Wisconsin state record. Given the circumstances I firmly believe that the 2nd arrest in 2005 would have resulted in no charges at all or at most an ordinance violation, not a state charge had I sought legal representation at the time.
I am required to travel internationally for my job, in particular Canada, and these convictions have made it extremely difficult to cross the border. They are also visible during the hiring process when background checks are performed.
I would like the conviction from 2005 removed from my state criminal record and would like to know whether this can be accomplished with the help of an attorney.

I have 2 misdemeanor Disorderly Conduct convictions on my Wisconsin state record. Given the circumstances I firmly believe that the 2nd arrest in 2005 would have resulted in no charges at all or at most an ordinance violation, not a state charge had I sought legal representation at the time.

That's water under the bridge at this late date.

I would like the conviction from 2005 removed from my state criminal record and would like to know whether this can be accomplished with the help of an attorney.

Were you under age 25 at the time?

This is all I found:

Wisconsin law has eight strict requirements that must be met in order to qualify for an expungement. First, you must be under 25 years of age at the time you committed the crime. Second, the crime must be either be a low- level felony or a misdemeanor. Third, you must have successfully completed your sentence. Fourth, you must have successfully completed the probation time, if any, that was ordered as part of your sentence. Fifth, you must have paid any fine in full if you were ordered to do so as part of your sentence. Sixth, you oftentimes must show that you will benefit by an expungement. Seventh, you generally cannot have any other felony or misdemeanor convictions on your record since the date of the conviction that you are seeking to expunge. Eighth, and finally, you must oftentimes show that society will not be harmed if you are granted an expungement.

If you think you qualify, consult a criminal defense attorney.

Even if your conviction is expunged, it can still show up in some circumstances.

I am required to travel internationally for my job, in particular Canada, and these convictions have made it extremely difficult to cross the border. They are also visible during the hiring process when background checks are performed.

An expungement will never be concealed from governmental authorities.

Only a FULL pardon can purify and sanctify your criminal conviction history.

FULL pardons are almost as rare a hen (chicken) with a mouthful of teeth, bigfoot sightings, or unicorns dancing along any Interstate highway.

Back