Eviction Process remove legally a adult child from my homr

Status
Not open for further replies.

tired809

I have a 38 year old daughter that is on drugs steals don't work gets a ss check and food stamps and use them for her addiction and she goes off when anything is said to about her behavior threatening and breaking things in the house and i have called the police many times and nothing is done

If she is under the influence of illegal drugs they should be able to arrest her.

I'm assuming you must be in your late 60's or 70's.... If your daughter is stealing from you it is a form of elder abuse. You can report that to police as well as social services. Social services has some tricks that can get her out quickly.

Otherwise, begin the legal eviction process immediately. Visit your local county clerk's office to get what you need. They can explain the process to you but won't give advice.

If the police will not do anything as you are saying, you can try social services. Generally though you have to evict legally through the court system.

Elder services for your county can likely assist you in obtaining a restraining order to get her out and keep her away, based on police reports.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back