Other Immigration Law removal of the condition with sealed case happened 3 years ago

Status
Not open for further replies.

bobby2014

Hi,

I came to United States on Student Visa back in 2009. I used to work part time at the Hosiery shop located in New York in the summer vacation. I got arrested for the counterfeit "I LOVE NY" t-shirts(Merchandise wasn't mine. I didn't know about it. Owner took all the blame) in April 2011. Judge gave me ACD(Adjournment in Contemplation of Dismissal) that time and just warned me to stay out of trouble for 6 months and the case will be sealed permanently. I followed the order and the case got dismissed and sealed.

I got married to my US Citizen wife in 2012. Applied for the Permanent Residency. That time I declared that I was arrested in the form. IO asked me about this in the interview and I gave her satisfactory answer. Finally approved and got the Green Card in Feb 2013.

Now I need to apply for the Removal of the Condition in November 2014, which is 90 days before my Green Card expiration date.

My main concern is,
(1) Should I now declare again that I was arrested in the form as the crime was happened before I got my Green Card.
(2) What consequences I can face when I apply for the Removal of the Condition with the misdemeanor, which is happened in 2011(before I got my green card in 2013).

Please help me out in this. Your help will be really appreciated.

Just tell the truth. Always tell the truth and let fate determine the rest.

You are right. I mean, As I admitted to United States as a Permanent Resident in 2013 and Crime happened in 2011. Do I still need to mention my arrest? As they say that if any crime after admitted into the US as a Permanent Resident...!!

You are better off asking your attorney. It wouldn't be smart rely on information gathered from strangers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back