Relocation Benefits after firing

Status
Not open for further replies.

fmorris473

Hi, I was recruited to work for a large power company in NY. I was relocated to the area, and part of the relocation package was a called a teir 1 relocation and home purchase option. The relocation company told my wife and I not to sign any paperwork with the realtor that they contracted to sell our home, that they would be doing all of that. I am no longer employed with the company, but my questions are 1) what is my obligation to the realtor as I never signed anything agreeing to pay him any kind of commission 2) what relocation benefits am I still entitled to receive since I did not quit but was fired 3)We signed full disclosure forms for the relocation company in June informing them that our house was a 2 family unit but we were using it as a single family, when a buyer came forward, in November, they informed us that the home purchase option was not available since it was an income producing home, but that was known for 5 months, but was told that we could be reembursed for the closing costs(commission ) that we paid, is this fair or some breech of contract, thanks for your help

Without actually seeing the contract in its entirity no one will be able to answer your questions. If you can afford a lawyer, hire one versed in contract law; you may be able to get a free consultation to see at least see what are your options. Some of this may depend on why you were fired, because if you breached your original contract with the company, they may not be responsible for anything in the contract concerning the relocation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back