Property Invasion, Damages, Trespass Relentless thieves

Victem eyes’d

Jurisdiction
Colorado
My storage unit has been broken into over and over in the past 5 or six years, at first pretty petty to the point I hardly noticed but it got worse and worse, tens of thousands in tools, electronics, musical gear , furniture, hundreds of movies, tapes, c.Ds, and real personal old wax 78 and 45 records my grand parents made with their own victrolla machine, I have seen some things at an ex girlfriends but couldn't confirm when and how she got my items but recently I seen Lots of very indentiful stuff of mine that I as taken from my unit, the sheriffs were called months ago but wolf not do nothing without serial numbers, over and over her and her lowlife thieve friends have gone in somehow with double locks and now have almost wiped me out, I stopped by there because her landlord/roommate had died and so wall y stuff is being packed up or sold or traded for meth, she has nowhere to go but this could be my only change to get some of my belongings back I worked real hard for, is there any kind of procedure I should do
Or how can I go about this, I can robe the old records are mine and my families because
Even
My mother sang on one and they are labeled, I'm sure there are fingerprints on every album they
Took, this is a 24 by 12 uniting and it was packed with a three bedroom house and a 2 bedroom condo, please advise my what could be done , I do have many friend that could verify my stuff
I w

My storage unit has been broken into over and over in the past 5 or six years

And you haven't moved your stuff to a new location?

I have seen some things at an ex girlfriends but couldn't confirm when and how she got my items

Why are you hanging out at your ex-girlfriend's place? You wrote something about her landlord/roommate dying, but so what?

Regardless, the answer is, of course, to sue her. The problem is that you'd be looking for an order for the return of property, and I'm not sure you can do that in small claims court in Colorado.

In the meantime, move your stuff to a different/more secure storage location.

Or how can I go about this, I can robe the old records are mine and my families because
Even
My mother sang on one and they are labeled, I'm sure there are fingerprints on every album they
Took, this is a 24 by 12 uniting and it was packed with a three bedroom house and a 2 bedroom condo, please advise my what could be done , I do have many friend that could verify my stuff

You have two things you can do about the missing items. First, report the thefts to the police and if you see stuff you think is yours, call the police to see if they'll act on it. Second, if you find stuff you are pretty sure are yours, you may sue the person who has them for replevin.

After the second break in I'd have quietly packed up my storage unit to another more secure facility and not tell any ex girlfriends, former friends, relatives you don't like or barely know about it even existing, let alone where it is. If people who want to steal from don't know where your stuff is, it's makes it pretty hard for them to take your stuff. If you still have stuff in there you want to keep, do that now. I don't know where in Colorado you are but if you are along the front range there are a whole lot of storage facilities to pick from, and rates are pretty competitive. I've got one in Denver with interior storage rather than outside storage sheds. It's got 24 hour security and cameras that record every unit. With all that, I still only pay about $125/month for it.

Back