Reinstatement to SC Bar after administrative suspension

AntsyAnnie

Jurisdiction
South Carolina
Husband, with no criminal or driving record, petitioned in mid-February for reinstatement to SC Bar. (He was put on administrative suspension for not paying dues while he was taking care of his mother full-time - zero income.) We understand that the SC Supremes have 180 days in which to make a decision, and it's now been nine weeks since his petition was received. Does anyone know the average time it takes the SC Character & Fitness peops to weigh in on an administrative suspension reinstatement? Thanks for all input in advance.

Husband, with no criminal or driving record, petitioned in mid-February for reinstatement to SC Bar. (He was put on administrative suspension for not paying dues while he was taking care of his mother full-time - zero income.) We understand that the SC Supremes have 180 days in which to make a decision, and it's now been nine weeks since his petition was received. Does anyone know the average time it takes the SC Character & Fitness peops to weigh in on an administrative suspension reinstatement? Thanks for all input in advance.

Contact Us | South Carolina Bar

Did your husband try calling and asking them? Although there are several attorney volunteers on this site none, to my knowledge, are practicing SC attorneys.

Does anyone know the average time it takes the SC Character & Fitness peops to weigh in on an administrative suspension reinstatement?

I've never been sanctioned by any bar, but I've known people who suffered through the process.

From what I recall, it usually takes 2-4 weeks.

Alas, we're now enduring Covid and all it has wrought.

Bottom line, Covid time appears to be treble, if not quadruple; the way things used to be.

Does anyone know the average time it takes the SC Character & Fitness peops to weigh in on an administrative suspension reinstatement?

I'm sure someone knows, but no one here is going to know that sort of thing. In fact, I'd wager that no one who doesn't work for the committee that handles this sort of thing will know.

Back