1. Free Legal Help, Legal Forms and Lawyers. TheLaw.com has been providing free legal assistance online since 1995. Our most popular destinations for legal help are below. It only takes a minute to join our legal community!

Dismiss Notice

Reinstatement to SC Bar after administrative suspension

Discussion in 'Lawyers, Legal Practice, Ethics & the Bar' started by AntsyAnnie, Apr 17, 2021.

1. AntsyAnnie

AntsyAnnie Law Topic Starter New Member

Jurisdiction:
    South Carolina
    Husband, with no criminal or driving record, petitioned in mid-February for reinstatement to SC Bar. (He was put on administrative suspension for not paying dues while he was taking care of his mother full-time - zero income.) We understand that the SC Supremes have 180 days in which to make a decision, and it's now been nine weeks since his petition was received. Does anyone know the average time it takes the SC Character & Fitness peops to weigh in on an administrative suspension reinstatement? Thanks for all input in advance.

2. justblue

justblue Well-Known Member

Contact Us | South Carolina Bar

Did your husband try calling and asking them? Although there are several attorney volunteers on this site none, to my knowledge, are practicing SC attorneys.

3. army judge

army judge Super Moderator

I've never been sanctioned by any bar, but I've known people who suffered through the process.

From what I recall, it usually takes 2-4 weeks.

Alas, we're now enduring Covid and all it has wrought.

Bottom line, Covid time appears to be treble, if not quadruple; the way things used to be.

4. zddoodah

zddoodah Well-Known Member

I'm sure someone knows, but no one here is going to know that sort of thing. In fact, I'd wager that no one who doesn't work for the committee that handles this sort of thing will know.