Permanent Residency Register for the US Selective Service (Recently became Permanent Resident)

Status
Not open for further replies.

hystaspes

Recently me and my family (my parents and sisters) became permanent residents of US through a relative. Currently I'm living in Malaysia; I'm a university student and I still have 2 more years until my graduation and on March 2013 I will move to US (most probably California) to live there permanently.

I'm a 23 years old male, and I will be 25 years old in September 2012 (few months before I can move permanently to the US).

Should I register for the US Selective Service right now? Or should I wait until I'm living inside the US?

Stay in Malaysia. The US is bankrupt. You'll discover high prices, crime, inflation, and very few jobs; even for college graduates.

I'm a retired attorney. My wife will soon retire as a school teacher. I've invested wisely over the last 20 odd years. My wife and I'll be leaving the Us within the next 12-18 months. Malaysia is one of the country's we are considering for our resettlement.

Stay put, or look for greener pastures somewhere else. If you have wealth, font bring it here. Our greedy federal government will create unique schemes to confiscate it from you!!!

You've been admonished. Choose wisely, friend.

Stay in Malaysia. The US is bankrupt. You'll discover high prices, crime, inflation, and very few jobs; even for college graduates.

I'm a retired attorney. My wife will soon retire as a school teacher. I've invested wisely over the last 20 odd years. My wife and I'll be leaving the Us within the next 12-18 months. Malaysia is one of the country's we are considering for our resettlement.

Stay put, or look for greener pastures somewhere else. If you have wealth, font bring it here. Our greedy federal government will create unique schemes to confiscate it from you!!!

You've been admonished. Choose wisely, friend.

Thank you for your reply. Well, Malaysia isn't a smart choice either; Even some Malaysians prefer eastern Europe countries over their own country. You can see poverty, prostituion, corrupted police and growing Islamist extremism in this country (these are only a few examples that I can think of instantly). Malaysia was going forward when Mahathir Mohammad was in charge, now it's a mess ! Don't believe the false advertisement about Malaysia; come here for 2-3 months (if you have the time), then decide.

I won't change graduate study at University of California (Berkeley, Irvine, San Diego or Davis) with anything else at this stage of my life.

Thanks for your advice anyways, I appreciate it.

Last edited:
I've been to Malaysia many times.

Need I remind you, the US suffers with it's own Islamic extremists and terrorism.

Whatever you do, I wish you much success.

Malaysia, Belize, Australia, New Zealand, Hong Kong, Indonesia, The Philipines, Guam, Puerto Rico, Bahamas, and Trinidad; have all made our short list.

We may just move about every three or four months. With a US passport, one's choices do abound.

I've been to Malaysia many times.

Need I remind you, the US suffers with it's own Islamic extremists and terrorism.

Whatever you do, I wish you much success.

Malaysia, Belize, Australia, New Zealand, Hong Kong, Indonesia, The Philipines, Guam, Puerto Rico, Bahamas, and Trinidad; have all made our short list.

We may just move about every three or four months. With a US passport, one's choices do abound.

Thank you sir, I wish you and your family success too.

About Malaysia, you shouldn't see this country as a tourist. Come here, try to live a normal everyday-life; I'm pretty sure you won't like it as a permanent place to live. God forbid if you have to go to deal with Malaysian government and its subsidiaries, police and even fire department! That's an experience you won't want to have in this country, I promise you!

Thank you sir, I wish you and your family success too.

About Malaysia, you shouldn't see this country as a tourist. Come here, try to live a normal everyday-life; I'm pretty sure you won't like it as a permanent place to live. God forbid if you have to go to deal with Malaysian
government and its subsidiaries, police and even fire department! That's an experience you won't want to have in this country, I promise you!

I have lived in Malaysia. I lived there for 18 months.

I never had one negative event to transpire.

I've had plenty in the USA.

Thanks for the well wishes.

If you have sufficient resources, you will do well anywhere.

As far as the police, I've lived many decades without one negative encounter with them. Why? Well, I'm a lawyer and know my rights. I also know the law. If one obeys ALL laws, you'll never have worry about negative police encounters.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back