Refusing to pay my money

Jamjam

Jurisdiction
Massachusetts
I'm a truck driver. ...been working with independent contractor who refused to pay my money after work. ..now I'm holding his truck until he pays me. .he is said to return the truck or else he'll call the police and take me to court claiming that I'm holding company equipment illegally. ..what should I do. ..coz if I return the truck he'll not pay until I go to court for small claims court. .and if I keep the truck and him take me to court. ...will be 50/50 since he refused to pay my 2900 which is my property, and me holding his truck ...what's the good advice to deal with this situation thanks

Last edited:
I'm a truck driver. ...been working with independent contractor who refused to pay my money after work. ..now I'm holding his truck until he pays me. .he is saying to return the truck or else he'll call the police and take me to court that I'm holding company equipment illegally. ..what should I do. ..coz if I return it he'll not pay until I go to court for small court. .and if I keep truck and him take me to court. ...will be 50/50 since he refused to pay my money ave worked for which is my property and me holding his. ...what's the good advice to deal with this situation thanks

You have no legal basis to hold the property of the truck owner because you haven't been paid.

If you persist, you might eventually be charged with theft, or some other related crime.

I suggest you return his truck, forthwith, and pursue any other claims civilly.

Your only option appears to be a small claims action for any unpaid amounts you allege he owes you.

Back