Refund Fraud

Status
Not open for further replies.

mgalloway2

I purchased a watch online for $200 from a website. I did receive the watch but it did not look like the pictures on the website. The website stated that the refund policy was within 14 days but not without a Return number. After 4 e-mail's I finally got a return and sent it back with a tracking number. I paid via PayPal but since I received the watch, it does not fall within their guidelines to cancel payment.

I then sent 6 consecutive e-mails asking for my refund stating that I had returned the watch. The representative stated that he saw via the USPS website that the tracking number stated the shipment was received, but he did not remember receiving the watch...

I tried to file insurance (which I purchased) with the USPS, and they supplied me with a copy of the signature of the person that signed for the watch proving delivery. I live in Texas and the owner of the business "watchesinstock.com" lives in Jew Jersey.

I filed a complaint with the BBB. What are my legal options?
Can I sue in Texas, or do I have to sue in New Jersey?
What other organizations can I complain to, i.e. FTC, NJ Attorney General?

Thank you...

mgalloway2 said:
I purchased a watch online for $200 from a website. I did receive the watch but it did not look like the pictures on the website. The website stated that the refund policy was within 14 days but not without a Return number. After 4 e-mail's I finally got a return and sent it back with a tracking number. I paid via PayPal but since I received the watch, it does not fall within their guidelines to cancel payment.

I then sent 6 consecutive e-mails asking for my refund stating that I had returned the watch. The representative stated that he saw via the USPS website that the tracking number stated the shipment was received, but he did not remember receiving the watch...

I tried to file insurance (which I purchased) with the USPS, and they supplied me with a copy of the signature of the person that signed for the watch proving delivery. I live in Texas and the owner of the business "watchesinstock.com" lives in Jew Jersey.

I filed a complaint with the BBB. What are my legal options?
Can I sue in Texas, or do I have to sue in New Jersey?
What other organizations can I complain to, i.e. FTC, NJ Attorney General?

Thank you...
Before you go the lawsuit route (you can only possibly sue in TX, highly doubtful, likely you may have to go to NJ for small claims) you should check the Paypal policy. You did get a watch but you did NOT get the item you paid for. So if you bought a truck but actually got a toy truck, would that qualify as "receipt of the merchandise" or not? My arguments is that you sent it back because you didn't get what you bargained for.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back