refi-appraisals

Status
Not open for further replies.

timber21thelaw

Our bank has said they sent out 3 apprasiers, We would like to see all 3 of the appraisals.

QUESTION--,
can we ask to see them and be shown them and do they have to show us them if we request it?

1 of the appraiser came and asked off the record if he was the only 1 that had come in and took pictures, I told him,he was the ONLY one that came into the house. He stated the bank is telling him the other 2 had come in and took pictures and said our ceilings were fallen down. They are not they have new ceiling panels.
I'm very angry at this point and we have made other appointments to other banks now for a refi.

Thanks

Our bank has said they sent out 3 apprasiers, We would like to see all 3 of the appraisals.

QUESTION--,
can we ask to see them and be shown them and do they have to show us them if we request it?

1 of the appraiser came and asked off the record if he was the only 1 that had come in and took pictures, I told him,he was the ONLY one that came into the house. He stated the bank is telling him the other 2 had come in and took pictures and said our ceilings were fallen down. They are not they have new ceiling panels.
I'm very angry at this point and we have made other appointments to other banks now for a refi.

Thanks

If you are paying for the three appraisals, you have to be shown the results.

If the bank is paying, they don't have to show you any of them.

You might be better off trying to go with a more honest bank.

If you notify the bank in writing within 90 days of the appraisal you have a right to have a copy of the appraisal if you paid for it. I'm not sure why they sent 3 appraisers out (unless lending has gotten so ridiculous that they are doing more than one appraisal now), and I don't know the new rules about multiple appraisals, but you should be able to get the appraisals if you ask in writing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back