1. Free Legal Help, Legal Forms and Lawyers. TheLaw.com has been providing free legal assistance online since 1995. Our most popular destinations for legal help are below. It only takes a minute to join our legal community!

Dismiss Notice

Recovery of Real Property Eviction Notice

Discussion in 'Eviction, Recovery of Premises' started by Bhughes, Sep 11, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bhughes

Bhughes Law Topic Starter New Member

I have a past due balance totaling $950.00 that I will be paying in full before my court date scheduled for 9/16/14. I received a Recovery of Real Property Letter. I would love to stay in my apartment. I am working with a financial advisor to help ensure that my bills are better managed. I have also started working at a new full time job, so with that being said I will be making more money as well. Do I have any chance of staying in my apartment?

2. army judge

army judge Super Moderator

There is no way anyone can say, only the court will decide.
    You can delay an eviction by filing a bankruptcy.
    A BK won't stop an eviction, but it can be used to delay it if you're represented by a talented attorney.
    Otherwise, you'll know soon what the court decides.

3. disagreeable

disagreeable Well-Known Member

Not only the court, the landlord. They will likely refuse payment until court. At that time you will need to get the judge, landlord or both to agree.