Recourses Available for License Suspension

Status
Not open for further replies.

IcyEnigmatic85

I would like to say first of all that I am not sure if this is the appropriate section for my question as I am a new member to this site. If I posted my question in the wrong area please forgive me and if you could, direct me to the correct area where I might receive the answer(s) I need.

My question has to do with any recourse that might be available to me for possible restoration of my driving privileges before the scheduled date of October of this year. The problem I have is that my driver's license was suspended, beginning in October of 2006 for an alcohol offense - NOT DUI. This is my second alcohol offense but I should add that this charge is currently in the process of being expunged and should be taken care of within a few weeks. The only thing left to do is get my license back. Unfortunately I am not up for restoration of privileges until October of this year. I was wondering if, since the offense will be expunged long before October, if I could get my license back before then? If not, what might I do to gain at least partial ability to drive for important things, such as work and school? I am familiar with the hardship license but I believe that if the reason for suspension was alcohol related it must be your first offense, and as I said before - this is my SECOND offense. Since none of my alcohol violations involved a car WHATSOEVER and I have never had a moving violation, is there anything I can do to get my license back aside from waiting till October? Any advice that I might receive would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

You should ask the drivers license bureaucrats in your state your questions.

But, I have to tell you, with your record, I'm afraid you shouldn't expect much.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back