Reckless Driving

Status
Not open for further replies.

memoriesl0st

I wrecked my car on the first of this year and was presented with a reckless driving ticket. I was wondering what the best way is to handle that, other than get a lawyer (which is my plan). Could a prayer for judgment continued be used for this type of ticket?

I would really like to see the accident report on this one. Do you know if any witnesses came foward? Did the officer observe the accident or was he/she going by the story of just the others involved? Was a crime scene set up and/or where any measurments of skid marks or photos taken? What state was this in and what is the penalty for reckless driving? If it is as bad as a reckless driving citation in my state it may be hard for an officer to prove unless he witnessed the incident or made a decision with a third party witness (in which case they would also have to appear in court).

I'm in N.C. No one saw or was involved in the wreck but me. There were no skid marks because I didn't hit the brakes until I was on the grass. The only thing he has or said was that the top of the tree I hit was broken off, which I think could've even happened before then.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back