Recieved Order Granting Interrogatories

Status
Not open for further replies.

dmka1234

I had a suit filed against me. The original was a Sears card from about 1996, which was turned over to a collection agency, who are the plaintiffs. Before the court date, I contacted the attorney and signed a stipulation agreement to pay $300 monthly, which I thought was to be automatically deducted from my husbands checking account. For 4 months it was paid out of the account, and then it stopped. When they contacted me I was $1,200 in arrears which they wanted in a lump sum in order to reinstate the payment plan. I could not pay that, but offered in 2 separate emails to continue payments again. I got no response, and that was about 7 months ago. Now I just received this Order Granting Interrogatories. I know I'm obligated to complete it. Do I offer to make payments again, or should I fill the blank is with 0, indicating I cannot pay at this time? Is it possible that the statute of limitations has run out and they are just trying get me to commit again? Does this mean they will take me to trial?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back