Received a complaint in Replevin duputy took my car

M.Nations

Jurisdiction
Arkansas
A duputy pulled up in my mothers yard and ask if I was Ramona nations and said he had a court order from a lawyer to take my car. I tried to show him I have a lien satisfaction from Honda Finance cooperation. He told me I had to gice him my car oe he will arrest me.Icalled my insurance co. And they said to report it stolen. I went to circut court in Hempstead countyarkansas and filed an answer to complaint in replevin. The duputy would not report my car stolen. I had florida lic. Plate on my car and insurance told me to remove my plates. I called and insurance adjuster gave me a case# and said for me to go rent a car. Ha! I had no way to go. This morning insurance adjuster called and said my car was not stolen that a lawyer told him it was no report of it being stoleen da! The dipity that picked ip my car refused to file a stolen report last friday. I have all my paper work from duputy. The notary paper does not gave a seal on it from a notary in new Orleans. I have an order given to me by the duputy order of delivery not signed by a judge but by a circuit. Clerk hempsted county arkansas. I can't afford a lawyer. I called for to apply. My mom is 81 diabetic had her right leg amputated above her left knee and is in a wheelchair. I can't work outside my home for income. She draws 2,3oo.oo a month. We barely get by with her medication and food utilities and insurance. I called circuit court today to ask if I had a court date or what wad I supposed to do? She gave me arlegalservices number for a lawyer. What can I do my car was stolen and no one will elp me. I am going to the Posectuting attorneys ofgice tomorrow and let her know deputy would not report my car stolen.

I am going to the Prosecuting Attorney's office tomorrow and let her know deputy would not report my car stolen.

That is probably your best bet at this point.

Let us know what you learn.

Your case is very interesting.

The writ of replevin can sometimes be misused, or even abused.

You might learn that is wat happened in your case.

Its not the fault of the deputy.

I suspect the attorney for the collections agency jumped the gun.

Once the prosecutor talks with you, you'll know better what your next steps should be.

That is probably your best bet at this point.

Let us know what you learn.

Your case is very interesting.

The writ of replevin can sometimes be misused, or even abused.

You might learn that is wat happened in your case.

Its not the fault of the deputy.

I suspect the attorney for the collections agency jumped the gun.

Once the prosecutor talks with you, you'll know better what your next steps should be.
I felt really bad today. I will go see prosecutor tomorrow. thank you for your response. I will post the information.

. felt really bad today. I will go see prosecutor tomorrow. thank you for your response. I will post the information.
I am just so confused about how all this happened. I have. A title and a letter from Honda finanancial of a lien clearance dated august 14th 2014.

Well its been a long day the Prosecutor office said they don't deal with this. The DA's office said Plantiffs lawyer would let me know court date. I talked to a lawyer who said I was only supposed to be served papers not get my car and tell me I would go to jail if I didn't give him keys. I can't afford lawyer.but I figured deputy wasn't supposed to get my car. I have talked to the judges Secretary. Plaintiffs lawyer hasn't even filed papers for judge to set court date. So I will represent myself and hope and pray. I did call deputy and tell him to bring my car back. That he was wrong taking my car. He hung uo on me.

I answered complaint of replevin and that's all I can do. If I had a lawyer he could file and get my car back til I go to court. But I can't afford a lawyer.

I answered complaint of replevin and that's all I can do. If I had a lawyer he could file and get my car back til I go to court. But I can't afford a lawyer.

You can file the motion yourself.
Find the form, or an example, fill it out as best you can, file it with the court.

You can try contacting your GA state attorney general.
Legal Aid might be able to offer you some useful pointers, too.

Call the Sheriff's office and ask to file a complaint against the deputy.
For that you'll need the elected sheriff, or the undersheriff.

You can file the motion yourself.
Find the form, or an example, fill it out as best you can, file it with the court.

You can try contacting your GA state attorney general.
Legal Aid might be able to offer you some useful pointers, too.

Call the Sheriff's office and ask to file a complaint against the deputy.
For that you'll need the elected sheriff, or the undersheriff.

[QUOTE="M.Nations, post: 245729, member: i will try I live on Hope Arkansas its very small. If I make waves the judge will know. But I will try.[/QUOTE]
What kind of motion like the replevin? The sherrif just got elected.

I went to court yesterday Nov 8th. 2016. The Plantiff did not show up. His lawyer said he had 2 commitments. The judge wouldn't let me show him any of my paperwork. Set a court date for december 14th. I asked the judge could I please have my car to drive until next court date. The judge said to lawyer the car is in the plantifs posession right? Lawyer said yes. I said your honor the plaintiff told me Friday he don't have the car the lawyer has it. The lawyer and deputy told me previously the lawyer had car. So he lied to judge. I still need legal advice. How many times will judge give plantiff to show for court?

Hard to say, depends on how patient the judge is.

Some judges, myself for example, are very impatient.

I rarely allowed continuances.

The judge in your case seems much more patient.
The plantiff lives In New Orleans. I really don't think he will ever show up.
Hard to say, depends on how patient the judge is.

Some judges, myself for example, are very impatient.

I rarely allowed continuances.

The judge in your case seems much more patient.

Back