Rear-ended physical therapy needed

Status
Not open for further replies.

nyconx

My wife was rear-ended about a month ago. The other persons insurance has taken responsibility. My wife was moving a client at the time (my wife does assisted care) in her car. The medical was covered by workers comp, which will go after the other insurance company for the costs. Our car was totaled. The client was not injured. My wife faced injuries to her knees and shoulders and was taken by ambulance to the emergency room. The injuries that occurred are not broken bones but is requiring therapy.

My wife has been going twice a week for the last month to sessions. Her injuries are getting better but therapy is continued to be needed. She didn't loose any work because she is allowed to work light duty. The injuries she has has required her to wear two knee braces and her daily tasks have been hindered because of her knee pain.

We have already settled the car situation. I am waiting for my wife to finish all her treatments before I am looking at a pain and suffering settlement. What kind of number would be a fair settlement from the insurance company for pain and suffering of just my wife? I realize this might go up depending on the length of treatment needed, but what should i expect?

Thanks

I'm not sure a fair number, but one thing you should do is wait one year to file. You should be well within the statute of limitations (should be 3 years). The reason for the wait is, she might do OK now, but what about in 3 or 4 months or so? After a year, if she is still doing OK, then you can reasonably assume that the injuries should be OK.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back