Rear-ended now the offender won't answer my calls

Status
Not open for further replies.

theanimechick

I was in an car accident where I was rear-ended at the beginning of the month. I told the girl I'd prefer to handle this without the insurance company because I cannot afford a rate increase. She said that was fine and called her mom (it was her mom's car). We called the police and filed a report. The girl asked me to send her an estimate and we were on our way. I got an estimate and called her to let her know. She said that her mom asked to get at lease two quotes so I did and sent them to them. I sent the quotes last Thursday and Wednesday I called her to verify she received them. She didn't answer so I left a message. She never called me back so I called again a few minutes ago and after about 3 rings (the first time the phone rang about 8 times) I was put through to voicemail. I'm guessing she's avoiding my calls now. What do I do? Am I screwed because I decided to keep this out of the insurance company's hands? Or do I need to contact a lawyer?

You should probably contact YOUR insurance company and see if they will take this over. Your only other option might be to sue her for the damages.

Is it really worth leaving this out of the hands of your insurance company?

- Carl

Well if this girl is going to keep dodging my calls it looks like I'll have to contact the insurance company. I already spend about $162 a month on insurance and I'd like to keep it from getting higher than that.

I would assume that if you are not at fault, then your rates should not go up. But, different companies have different policies. Perhaps you should consider changing companies if they punish you for being hit (assuming, of course, YOU are the victim here and not at fault in any way).

- Carl

If you don't give your info, they probably cannot make a reliable assessment on your situation, but they might be able to give you an idea of what happens in some or most instances similar to yours.

I suppose it depends on the extent of the damages whether or not it is worth never getting compensated or not.

- Carl

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back