Rear ended, fracture to neck c7

Corey_hurts

Jurisdiction
Minnesota
Alright, so July 9th I was stopped for a train with arms down. 2 vehicles were ahead of me & I was rear ended by a distracted driver & pushed 4 ft into the car in front of me. My insurance waived my deductible as I was not at fault.

I had a ct scan done and found out yesterday that I have a c7 compression fracture in my neck. And was told by family & friends to seek out an attorney. I have missed 5 work days & still have a lingering pain in my neck.

I have never had neck problems before nor do I have anything on my medical record saying so either.20190709_174212.jpg 20190720_141718.jpg

How would it be best to proceed?

Your friends and family are correct.

Have you filed any sort of claim with the driver of the car that hit you insurance?
Yes the car is in the shop. Iv been in contact with their insurance along with mine. Have already received 3 days worth of lost wages & a $9k check to give the auto body shop.

Just found out about my neck & it got me worried as I'm an electrician in the construction trade.

Your friends and family are correct.

Have you filed any sort of claim with the driver of the car that hit you insurance?
And I had left messages with three different attorneys today as they are all closed until Monday.

Just wanted more opinions on the matter.

Last edited:
Who is providing the $9k check for the shop?

Do not sign anything unless you have it reviewed by a lawyer.
Minnesota is a no fault state so my insurance covers everything up to a percentage and then they go after the others from my understanding.

So my insurance sent me the check for everything so far.

What did your adjuster say when you contacted him about your neck pain?

What did your adjuster say when you contacted him about your neck pain?

Had to make a new account only 5 posts allowed per 24 hours.... anyways They gave me a claim # to use and told me to get checked out as soon as possible and if I end up paying anything, to just save any paperwork or receipts and I would be reimbursed. MetLife has been nothing but friendly and helpful so far. Even went as far as giving me the third days lost wages even though i didn't work said day. as I only work 4 days a week and it happend on a Tuesday. Said they will treat it as if I worked a 5 day week.
Hadn't brought up the fracture yet as I just found out last night.

And thanks hrguy for the news article. Was rather informative.

Back