1. Free Legal Help, Legal Forms and Lawyers. TheLaw.com has been providing free legal assistance online since 1995. Our most popular destinations for legal help are below. It only takes a minute to join our legal community!

Dismiss Notice

Rear ended, fracture to neck c7

Discussion in 'Auto Accidents, Injuries' started by Corey_hurts, Jul 20, 2019.

1. Corey_hurts

Corey_hurts Law Topic Starter New Member

Jurisdiction:
    Minnesota
    Alright, so July 9th I was stopped for a train with arms down. 2 vehicles were ahead of me & I was rear ended by a distracted driver & pushed 4 ft into the car in front of me. My insurance waived my deductible as I was not at fault.

I had a ct scan done and found out yesterday that I have a c7 compression fracture in my neck. And was told by family & friends to seek out an attorney. I have missed 5 work days & still have a lingering pain in my neck.

I have never had neck problems before nor do I have anything on my medical record saying so either. 20190709_174212.jpg 20190720_141718.jpg

How would it be best to proceed?

2. PayrollHRGuy

PayrollHRGuy Active Member

Your friends and family are correct.

Have you filed any sort of claim with the driver of the car that hit you insurance?

3. Corey_hurts

Yes the car is in the shop. Iv been in contact with their insurance along with mine. Have already received 3 days worth of lost wages & a $9k check to give the auto body shop.

Just found out about my neck & it got me worried as I'm an electrician in the construction trade.

4. Corey_hurts

And I had left messages with three different attorneys today as they are all closed until Monday.

Just wanted more opinions on the matter.

Last edited: Jul 20, 2019
  5. PayrollHRGuy

Have you signed anything from the insurance company for those lost wage and $9k?

6. Corey_hurts

No I have not, my policy includes 85% of lost wages up to 3 days without a doctor's note. And i have done nothing but speak to people over the phone as they have no local representative's

7. PayrollHRGuy

Who is providing the $9k check for the shop?

Do not sign anything unless you have it reviewed by a lawyer.

8. Corey_hurts

Minnesota is a no fault state so my insurance covers everything up to a percentage and then they go after the others from my understanding.

So my insurance sent me the check for everything so far.

9. PayrollHRGuy

I believe MN is no fault for personal injury only. And it is limited to $20K for medical and $20k for none medical PI.

I am willing to bet right now you will blow right through the $20K limit.

You might want to read this newspaper story while you wait to talk to a lawyer next week.

Your Money: What I didn't know about auto insurance until an accident

Last edited: Jul 20, 2019
  10. KatDini

KatDini Well-Known Member

What did your adjuster say when you contacted him about your neck pain?

11. Corey_hurts2

Corey_hurts2 New Member

Had to make a new account only 5 posts allowed per 24 hours.... anyways They gave me a claim # to use and told me to get checked out as soon as possible and if I end up paying anything, to just save any paperwork or receipts and I would be reimbursed. MetLife has been nothing but friendly and helpful so far. Even went as far as giving me the third days lost wages even though i didn't work said day. as I only work 4 days a week and it happend on a Tuesday. Said they will treat it as if I worked a 5 day week.
    Hadn't brought up the fracture yet as I just found out last night.

And thanks hrguy for the news article. Was rather informative.