Really need advice on a what appears to be shady billing practice

Status
Not open for further replies.

B_Lynn

I had to have all my teeth pulled and get dentures. I went to a place where they provide all denture services. During my first visit I was given a printout of what it was going to cost. The total cost is on this printout including the deductions for approximately what my insurance would cover plus a deduction for paying in full the same day. There was no indication that this amount was only an estimate and that there might be more charges added later. Now 2 1/2 months later I get another bill saying I own an additional $1876.
Had I been given full disclosure on what the final total would be I would have never had the work done at this place. I don't understand how someone who is supposed to know what they are doing could make a mistake of $1876. Did this person not know what she was doing or was it a deliberate act of deception?

I am on disability and paying the additional costs would be very, very difficult for me. (The additional costs put the total over $6,400!)

Can they give me one price and then add an additional $1876 when it is impossible for me to do anything about it? I am also concerned that if I don't pay this bill because of their mistake, they will not honor the 1 year warrantee I have?

I really need advice. I can't afford this extra amount and have no idea how to proceed.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back