real estate Mis information on MLS

KAYLAS

Jurisdiction
Louisiana
Okay, I have a question. I bought a house in August 2015 everything was perfect in this house or so I thought. It was listed on MLS as having "wood floors", triple crown molding ECT. I buy the house something have broken since I buy it. Now I am in the process of fixing things up, I get a quote from the guy remoldeing my house and he says these a laminte floors I can not refinish them. Now I am very upset bc I paid for wood floors, they sold them to me as wood floors, my realtor believed they were wood floors and my inspector said they were wood floors. Is there anything I can do? Does she have to pay for the floors to be replaced, since she falsified information? Also to note the person selling the home is a realtor she listed the house.

Thank you for all your help,
I've work hard for my money and just want to get what I pay for so you can see where my frustration comes from.

Kayla S

Your action, if any action exists, would be against your inspector.
You paid for a proper inspection with necessary due diligence.
However, you reside in LA.
As you know, your state's laws tend to be unique among our 50 states.
In general, your damages might be limited to the amount you paid your inspector.

I suggest you first discuss your dissatisfaction with two or three real estate attorneys in your parish.

Normally the initial consultation is offered gratis, as in lagniappe. LOL

My mother's side of the family is comprised of a few Cajuns, as well as other assorted types. LOL

Back