Real Estate Legal Advice

Status
Not open for further replies.

ronnie_bines

I need to know if signing a Hold Harmless Letter excluding my agent from being held liable for repairs that did not get done. The house was not up to standard codes and my agent assured me that repairs that were listed on the Home Inspection would get completed. He held back $10,000.00 to insure that repairs would get taken care of but returned all monies to the seller and told me to file my Home Warranty to get all repairs needed fixed. I have plumbing problems, electrical problems and the heat and air conditioner unit is not working. I have wall plates missing in every room, a sewer leak and molding growing under the sink because of a water leak. Please give me some legal advice on whether or not my agent can be held liable for repairs although I signed this Hold Harmless letter because I do not feel like he had my best interest at heart.

:confused:
I need to know if signing a Hold Harmless Letter excluding my agent from being held liable for repairs that did not get done. The house was not up to standard codes and my agent assured me that repairs that were listed on the Home Inspection would get completed. He held back $10,000.00 to insure that repairs would get taken care of but returned all monies to the seller and told me to file my Home Warranty to get all repairs needed fixed. I have plumbing problems, electrical problems and the heat and air conditioner unit is not working. I have wall plates missing in every room, a sewer leak and molding growing under the sink because of a water leak. Please give me some legal advice on whether or not my agent can be held liable for repairs although I signed this Hold Harmless letter because I do not feel like he had my best interest at heart.

What on earth are you talking about?

Hey...I am a judge.

Explain it to me like I was a fifth grader, okay?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back