1. Free Legal Help, Legal Forms and Lawyers. TheLaw.com has been providing free legal assistance online since 1995. Our most popular destinations for legal help are below. It only takes a minute to join our legal community!

    Dismiss Notice

Re-Phrasing Question for Quicker Responce

Discussion in 'Small Claims & Municipal Court' started by j0ker, Aug 21, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. j0ker

    j0ker Law Topic Starter New Member

    Likes Received:
    Trophy Points:
    i am preparing for a civil suite where i was given a check on a boat sale.the gentleman stopped payment on the check,and abandoned the damaged boat...title and all...so from my research, a metal scrapper now has the boat and title...i might be able to get it back if advised(possibly at an unknown cost).

    heres the question.
    The total check amount was for.. $1250.00,
    1 do I sue under the FL statute 68.065 ? it says I can sue for 3 times the amount of the check?$3750.00(do i have to prove intent to defraud,like the criminal statute 832.07)(both FL statutes)
    2 or am I suing for breach of contract?in the exact amount?$1250

    I cant think of a more intelligent way to phrase this

Share This Page

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.