1. Free Legal Help, Legal Forms and Lawyers. TheLaw.com has been providing free legal assistance online since 1995. Our most popular destinations for legal help are below. It only takes a minute to join our legal community!

Dismiss Notice

RE: Highly recognized on-line law schools

Discussion in 'Law School & Careers in Law' started by Heiress, Jun 22, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Heiress

Heiress Law Topic Starter New Member

Are there any highly recognized law schools on-line? I need the flexibility. I would like to earn a JD. I prefer a regionally accredited school.

I earned an MBA from Kaplan University on-line, and I realize some of my classes may not be transferrable since Kaplan is a Nationally Accredited College.

Thanks for your suggestions and help.

2. Betty3

Betty3 Super Moderator

Heiress likes this.
  3. army judge

army judge Super Moderator

I know of NO online ABA ACCREDITED law schools.

ABA accreditation is the key to getting a law license. You might receive a degree online, but I don't know if any states will allow you to sit for the bar exam.

California was one of the last states I knew to allow you to attend state accredited, but not ABA accredited law schools. I'm not sure that exists today.

I have a friend who is a lawyer in Wyoming. He studied the law, like Lincoln under the tutelage of a Wyoming lawyer. I don't know if states even permit that today.

Google it, Google knows everything.

Heiress likes this.