Deportation, Re-entry re entry issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

camaro786

I was convicted with a possesion of drug paranephelia in dec 2010....i have a green card..i was wanting to know will there be a problem to re enter if i travelled outside the country? Please guide me on this issue.

What was the potential sentence?

(not what you served - I'm asking what the maximum sentence was for your crime)

re entry

i was driving to texas through el paso...the border patrol stopped me to check my vehicle....they found a cigar bud in my glove campartment....they detained me for an hour or two took a picture and finer printed me...and gave me a ciation for $500 and let me go....my immigration attorney told me i could travel at first then she tell me i might get detained for months at the port of entry...its my own risk to travel.
i somehow feel that she is not giving me the right answer.can you help me and give me a right answer and tell what would exactly happen if i did travel?

There's a very good reason why I asked the question I did - it's not what you actually "got", in terms of your sentence, but whether or not the crime carried a potential sentence of much greater.

As it is, we cannot guarantee whether or not you would or wouldn't be detained.

can you help me and give me a right answer and tell what would exactly happen if i did travel?

No one here can tell you EXACTLY what would happen. It's a risk you have to decide if you want to take.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back