RE: CIVIL JUDGEMENT IN KANSAS on Credit Report

Taylorp61

Jurisdiction
Kansas
Single, Disabled Man, 55, I live in New York. Recently pulled Credit reports and found a Civil Judgment on Transunion Credit File. Date is Blank on Credit Report, Only Says Civil Judgment Shawnee County Court Topeka, Kansas with a Claim Number and Address of Court House with a Dollar amount. I was never given any notification to go to Court re: This pertains to a Promissory Note in 2011. I had written a Check to a garage and was told they would hold until my brother got paid & I offered to Help ( Now Deceased) brother out and pay for Brake Job on Car. He never paid me and Told me he paid it in Cash when he got paid, and the Merchant gave him the Check, and he told me he just tore up the Check,. I felt all was good. I never heard from the garage, I took my now deceased Brother at his Word. I'm now figuring that the Check Bounced, and I lived out of State. This acct was never used and I had the Bank acct Closed. I never got notice of a returned check, and
I am now trying to find out is it possible for me to submit anything to the Courts and Proof of Permanent Disability Income( SSDI) to remove this Item? Please Advise.

Single, Disabled Man, 55, I live in New York. Recently pulled Credit reports and found a Civil Judgment on Transunion Credit File. Date is Blank on Credit Report, Only Says Civil Judgment Shawnee County Court Topeka, Kansas with a Claim Number and Address of Court House with a Dollar amount. I was never given any notification to go to Court re: This pertains to a Promissory Note in 2011. I had written a Check to a garage and was told they would hold until my brother got paid & I offered to Help ( Now Deceased) brother out and pay for Brake Job on Car. He never paid me and Told me he paid it in Cash when he got paid, and the Merchant gave him the Check, and he told me he just tore up the Check,. I felt all was good. I never heard from the garage, I took my now deceased Brother at his Word. I'm now figuring that the Check Bounced, and I lived out of State. This acct was never used and I had the Bank acct Closed. I never got notice of a returned check, and
I am now trying to find out is it possible for me to submit anything to the Courts and Proof of Permanent Disability Income( SSDI) to remove this Item? Please Advise.

It's probably far too late to unring the default judgment bell.

The good news for you is that your SSDI is likely untouchable by the judgment holder.

The bad news for allf is that if you paid the judgment in full, the low down credit czars would still ding your credit.

Oh, how I long for the good old days of the middle 20th century. SIGH

McCarthy, segregation, Korea, fallout shelters, the Edsel.

Oh, the good old days.

Segregation, unfortunately, is still alive all over this planet.
Announcements of its demise were simply lies.

Fallout shelters for the rabble have all but disappeared, while the elite are building luxurious, private, survival bunkers.

McCarthy is dead, yet others have taken up causes using his tactics.

The Edsel was poorly marketed, but wasn't a bad car, as Ford products go. By the way, the Mercury has joined the Edsel in the Ford cemetery.

All in all, I loved my childhood. I had two great parents, who lived in wedded bliss for 60 years. My maternal grandparents made it to their 75th anniversary before God separated them.

I loved my education. I was blessed to have grownup during the middle of the last century. My wife and I did our best to replicate that for our children, despite the changing landscape.

Back