Sex Crimes, Sex Offenders Rape victim conviction, witness but no rape kit.

aticus

To what extent can you pursue a rape case without a rape kit? And are there alternative to spreading awareness of the given individual and his actions? We have his name and place of work and residence....My girlfriend was raped by a known individual who was a bartender in Montreal and drinking himself while working. which i believe is illegal. she had just turned 18 years old 20 days beforehand. He took her home along with her friend who he had given 10 + drinks each to, even after they had requested to stop... once the took a cab the friend was in the living room with a second male just talking and petting the cat...my girlfriend was brought into a seperate room, the bartenders... He forced her head to the wall and proceeded to subject her to giving him oral sex. Then he threw her on the bed and had vaginal intercourse for some 30 minutes. The friend of my girlfriend heard yells from the room but no call for help so she did not enter.. and when my girlfriend ran out the guy was in his boxers and nothing else. They ran out and took a cab home and my girlfriend was completely incoherent according to her friend. we have facebook messages between them discussing bleeding, being forced to drink beyond the point of being cogent and the lack of consent, with time stamps.

To what extent can you pursue a rape case without a rape kit? And are there alternative to spreading awareness of the given individual and his actions? We have his name and place of work and residence....My girlfriend was raped by a known individual who was a bartender in Montreal and drinking himself while working. which i believe is illegal. she had just turned 18 years old 20 days beforehand. He took her home along with her friend who he had given 10 + drinks each to, even after they had requested to stop... once the took a cab the friend was in the living room with a second male just talking and petting the cat...my girlfriend was brought into a seperate room, the bartenders... He forced her head to the wall and proceeded to subject her to giving him oral sex. Then he threw her on the bed and had vaginal intercourse for some 30 minutes. The friend of my girlfriend heard yells from the room but no call for help so she did not enter.. and when my girlfriend ran out the guy was in his boxers and nothing else. They ran out and took a cab home and my girlfriend was completely incoherent according to her friend. we have facebook messages between them discussing bleeding, being forced to drink beyond the point of being cogent and the lack of consent, with time stamps.

I suggest you, the victims, and your friends visit the local constabulary and discuss your information.

Ultimately, the gendarmes will decide.

You might also help the victim get a complete medical examination, and appropriate mental health counseling.

You are a very stand up person to offer your help to the woman who was so savagely assaulted.

This site deals with US law, not Canadian law.

I would highly suggest getting your gf into counseling to deal with her drinking issues and better cope with what happened. An 18 year old who consumed 10+ drinks sends up red flags. in no way does it justify the rape, but it does suggest that she may not have the best coping strategies or have an alcohol problem and a trauma such as she experienced might make that worse.

Back