Raging Neighbor Harrassment...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Maphisto119

I'm an 18 yr old who speaks the best english in the house. Time and again, our neighbor finds some fault to blow up about and then begins a shouting yelling tirade against my parents and family. The first instance involved the accidental removal of an insignificant tree by my father towards the rear of our borders. The most recent involved the 'death' of a tree. The raging mother claims my father killed it with pesticides and/or TruGreen Chemlawn killed it. My father is at no such fault and there is no reason to believe some fertilizer would kill a shrub. It should also be pointed out that the shrub is actually on OUR property.

The point I, as representative of my family, am trying to make is: is this an instance(s) of harrasment that i can formally document with the local police? We are at no fault and currently have no other option other than to stress over a raging lunatic mother next door who slanders our good name with rediculous accusations. (Or is it libel?) I mean really... the weather kills trees... not neighbors... its so utterly rediculous i'm slightly embarrassed at having to get advice.

It could be harassment. It really depends on the details and on your state's law. It even could be slander depending on what really is being said and to whom. It could be a private nuisance, it could be infliction of emotional distress. The problem here rather is, will legal action solve the problem or may be even fan the fire and make things worse. Sadly, in such cases there seldom is an easy answer.

thank you for the advice... i think the best action here would be inaction as any legal allegations most definitely will mar what respect there is left. Thanks again...

Make sure that this is the ONLY incident that your neighbor has against you. If things start to happen and you feel you are being harassed, start documenting! Fertilizer DOES NOT KILL TREES! Trees die from deep within the roots. Contact a local tree removel service to find out what killed the tree and you will have a better ground to stand on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back