Arrest, Search, Seizure, Warrant Racial profiling, false arrest, color of law violation, no warrant

Status
Not open for further replies.

CHIFFON111

Looking for lawyers/advocates whom specialize in police racial profiling!! Westchester county area!!!!!!
This can not be tolerated anymore!!

I need help in reference to a case pertaining to my son for dwb! (driving while black)police racial profiling.
A civilian drove to the police station and reported he was driving behind 5 black males in black jetta and the rear passenger in car had a gun out the car window tauntin people as if he was going to shoot! The ages of the children were 15 -18 at the time. November 7th, 2008. It turned out to be a verizon cell and the child (15) was looking for reception signal. No bars on phone. The minors were all released that day and the driver my son (18) fingerprinted and bailed out. He appeard in court 12/9/08 we plead not guilty for the charges that were chumped up with no mention of the gun incident! We requested a trial. I picked my child up and bailed him out w/the officer apologizing for a misunderstanding. A 911 call came in stating the aboved mentioned. Turned out..he went in the station. I have all forms requested under foil act aswell as spoke to the witness whom reported the gun. Also requested the video of all 7 cop cars and of course no video can be produced because there isnt not even 1 out of 7! They are charging him with fleeing an officer, reckless endangerment/driving, 2 tickets. One for speed..58 in a 30 imprudent speed and one for disobeying a stop sign. Not any mention of the incident which sent 5 cop cars and 2 dt w/k9 dog! Each kid was transported seperately! The da is the same in yktwn ny aswell as peekskill. They were never miranda..only yelled from a distance surrounded.."where is the gun!!! 4xs and get out the car driver first hands out back toward them with hands on back of heads get on knees and then their knee was in his back on concrete. He was scared for his life with gun to head and dog barking at his feet!! Each kid followed out the same. Car impounded and ripped apart all to find nothing!! $400 later im still fighting! I am divorced parent w/5 kids he is the oldest! In september 2009 almost a yr later..my son was bullied at a corner market in peekskill which resulted in shattering the window, out of fear they all ran. I resolved it with the owner being a fellow 30yr business owner in pksk as well. Owner reviewed tape to see self defense and i rectified the payment in which he dismissed all charges of criminal mischief, as we have been pending for a year previously the da decide to attach both cases together all to cover up the truth of what really happened, i have the store owner's letter of dismissal and video tape statement and she still continues to try to attach all charges. Several pleas have been offered to dismiss the criminal mischief if we cope a plea for a lesser charge of speeding with 3 points on his license! His license is clean. No tickets..just car accident. I have dmv report. We choose not to accept pleas which she then added additional charges of reckless endangerment. I know this is injustice if i have ever seen it. In the future this please contact me if you can help or know of anyone whom will fight for racial profiling coverups by police. Thanks.
This can not be tolerated anymore!
Advice always appreciated! God bless you!

Last edited:
need help despartely!

Looking for lawyers/advocates whom specialize in police racial profiling!! Westchester county area!!!!!!

I need help in reference to a case pertaining to my son for dwb! (driving while black)police racial profiling.
A civilian drove to the police station and reported he was driving behind 5 black males in black jetta and the rear passenger in car had a gun out the car window tauntin people as if he was going to shoot! The ages of the children were 15 -18 at the time. November 7th, 2008. It turned out to be a verizon cell and the child (15) was looking for reception signal. No bars on phone. The minors were all released that day and the driver my son (18) fingerprinted and bailed out. He appeard in court 12/9/08 we plead not guilty for the charges that were chumped up with no mention of the gun incident! We requested a trial. I picked my child up and bailed him out w/the officer apologizing for a misunderstanding. A 911 call came in stating the aboved mentioned. Turned out..he went in the station. I have all forms requested under foil act aswell as spoke to the witness whom reported the gun. Also requested the video of all 7 cop cars and of course no video can be produced because there isnt not even 1 out of 7! They are charging him with fleeing an officer, reckless endangerment/driving, 2 tickets. One for speed..58 in a 30 imprudent speed and one for disobeying a stop sign. Not any mention of the incident which sent 5 cop cars and 2 dt w/k9 dog! Each kid was transported seperately! The da is the same in yktwn ny aswell as peekskill. They were never miranda..only yelled from a distance surrounded.."where is the gun!!! 4xs and get out the car driver first hands out back toward them with hands on back of heads get on knees and then their knee was in his back on concrete. He was scared for his life with gun to head and dog barking at his feet!! Each kid followed out the same. Car impounded and ripped apart all to find nothing!! $400 later im still fighting! I am divorced parent w/5 kids he is the oldest! In september 2009 almost a yr later..my son was bullied at a corner market in peekskill which resulted in shattering the window, out of fear they all ran. I resolved it with the owner being a fellow 30yr business owner in pksk as well. Owner reviewed tape to see self defense and i rectified the payment in which he dismissed all charges of criminal mischief, as we have been pending for a year previously the da decide to attach both cases together all to cover up the truth of what really happened, i have the store owner's letter of dismissal and video tape statement and she still continues to try to attach all charges. Several pleas have been offered to dismiss the criminal mischief if we cope a plea for a lesser charge of speeding with 3 points on his license! His license is clean. No tickets..just car accident. I have dmv report. We choose not to accept pleas which she then added additional charges of reckless endangerment. I know this is injustice if i have ever seen it. In the future this please contact me if you can help or know of anyone whom will fight for racial profiling coverups by police. Thanks.

Last edited:

Your son needs the services of a good criminal lawyer, FIRST.
He has to prevail on those charges, or the alleged racial profiling will be moot.
There must be many good (if, not great) criminal defense lawyers in Westchester County, NY.
Speak with the local bar association, friends, relatives, and co-workers for referrals.
You can always discover some using the ABA website, this webiste, or the NY State Bar Association website.

Forget the other stuff, until you have prevailed on the instant matters at hand.

I'm not seeing the racial profiling here.
The police received information and acted on it. They had legitimate reason to contact the people in that vehicle even if the information turned out to be wrong.
If they driver of the vehicle tried to evade police then the driver will have to deal with whatever citations were issued. The passengers shouldn't have much to worry about.

Contrary to popular belief- most police cars do not have video cameras. It is nice when they do, but they cost a lot of money and are not standard equipment in every vehicle. There is a good chance that the video would harm the defendants too... might be better that a police chase wasn't captured on video ;)

Also, the police actions you describe of getting the occupants out of the vehicle is not extreme. If they believed there MIGHT be a weapon in the vehicle then what they did is NORMAL. You are describing a typical felony stop.
If the police caused damage to your vehicle while searching it then you could have possibly made a claim on their insurance for repair, but that time has long passed if you didn't do it already.

Still, you didn't provide any information that suggests racial profiling. Nothing even close.

If there is any racial profiling it's on the part of the people who went to the police. But from their point of view it may have looked like a gun. Maybe the kid who had it was acting dumb, holding it like he had a gun. Who knows.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back