Quitting within 1 year

Status
Not open for further replies.

DamnRaytheon

I signed an offer for employment at a huge company for a rotational assignment. I was told certain aspects of where I would be working and what my job would entail. This company is headquartered in MA but the specific program is run out of the DC office.
After signing that I would repay all costs related to moving me, etc...they send me to a place we had never discussed (TX), and told me that other aspects of work I thought I would enjoy were not available. Even things such as having a senior mentor which was promised never materialized.
I decided that there was too much promised and undelivered and so resigned. Now they are coming after me for 10K in relocation expenses when I didn't want to go to Texas in the first place...not to mention all the aspects of false job description.
Am I on the hook for this or can I honestly argue that the document I signed was based on certain beliefs and I signed the document in good faith - and that the company was not acting in good faith? I'm really David vs. Goliath here....

Without reading the agreement it is impossible to comment. You will need to show it to a local attorney.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back