Quit job due to possible sexual harassment

Status
Not open for further replies.

tempechica

I worked as a chef at a restaurant that I recently quit due to my boss making me uncomfortable. He would come up and hug me after i would tell him to leave me alone. He would touch my hip or graze my rear when he would walk by. One time a conversation was started about homosexuality where I mentioned a lot of girls have kissed other girls, after that he continued to press me about my sexuality and how much I have done with other girls for a half hour after i kept telling him to stop talking about it.
What really freaked me out was that one time I was kneeling over to pour some oil in a pitcher and I looked up and saw him standing over me with his phone pointed and I sort of thought he was taking a picture down my shirt, but dismissed it thinking he couldnt be that perverted. I quit soon after that after being sick of being around him, constantly creeped out by him and sometimes yelled at by him.
About 2 weeks after I quit i received a text from him saying i quote "I really enjoyed your naked breasts."
This really freaked me out and sort of solidifies my theory that he took that pic. I'm not sure what to do. My friends and family want me to talk to the owner but I am nervous about it because I quit unexpectedly and am uncomfortable about it. I don't know if this qualifies as sexual harassment but I did save the text. Now I just would like some advise on if or what I should do.

thanks

You'd have had a stronger case if you had not quit, but you can certainly discuss your options with the EEOC or an employment attorney. It's not impossible for you to take legal action; you just made it slightly harder for yourself by quitting without reporting it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back