questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Genjio

Hello, I am a certified peace officer, I would like to knwo the laws regarding impersonating an individual who does not exsist in an attempt to locate and track predators online? What is the exact legal approach an Officer can take (I.E what canbe said, asked, or done) to lure the predator into agreeing to meet and thereby be arrested on site? Thank You in advance.

If you're luring someone then an argument can be made for entrapment. You never want to lead the horse directly to the water because defense counsel will argue that the defendant only acted in a certain fashion due to the conduct of the authorities. Had the authorities not deliberately tried to lure the defendant into committing a crime, the defendant would not have committed any crime. Now just because you're a certified peace officer, is this conduct you are supposed to be engaging in or are you trying to take some type of initiative?

Hello, I am a certified peace officer, I would like to knwo the laws regarding impersonating an individual who does not exsist in an attempt to locate and track predators online? What is the exact legal approach an Officer can take (I.E what canbe said, asked, or done) to lure the predator into agreeing to meet and thereby be arrested on site? Thank You in advance.

If you are a certified peace officer, working in the employ of a bona fide police agency, shouldn't you address this question to your chain of command?

Are you sure you're not the alleged molester trying to figure out if you've been snared?????

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back