Questions about my probation

Status
Not open for further replies.

lcook2468

Jurisdiction
Oklahoma
Hello, I'm on probation in Tulsa, ok for petty larceny. It was the first time Id ever been in trouble with the law.
The whole way the court system dealt with my case seemed wrong. For starters, my court appearance time was at 9:30 am and I arrived at 7:00 am to find a public defender because I felt wrongfully accused. I was turned away and ran in circles all morning and ended up not receiving one. When I was called up to the stand, the judge asked if I had a public defender, and I said no so he sent me out in the hall way along with a hand full of other people. A man came out the the hall way and called my name, when I walked up to him all he said was that I had 2 options, I could pay a 500 fine and it stay on my record or do 6 months of probation, pay a 500 fine, attend a theft class, and do community service. He asked me what i wanted to do very rushingly and without thinking I agreed to the probation.
Here I am 5 months in and have not started my community service or attended my theft class, mainly because I don't have the time, I'm taking over a business and have to attend classes for that, along with working a full time job to pay bills, it's stressing me out. So I guess what I'm wondering is if there's any way I could just get the charge on my record and pay the fine? I know it sounds silly but I've never been in trouble with the law and I don't know how the system works. Any advice would be kindly appreciated.

Thank you for your time.

That would most likely have to be decided in court. It probably would be best if you found time for the theft classes & community service work you agreed to.

I'm sure the judge will love to hear that "I don't have time" excuse. Maybe you'd have time if he decided to put you in jail for 6 months, which is a distinct possibility since it seems you may be violating the conditions of your probation.

Sorry spammer, but you're unwelcome here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back