K Visa Question on K-3 Visa

Status
Not open for further replies.

AEH_

I am a Canadian engaged to an American we are both parents and now expecting number four :eek: . We have already filed for the K-3 Visa and have just about everything complete for me to have an interveiw. The problem we are faced with has to do with income tax forms and salary amount. Please can you verify what the min. amount he would have to make in order to receive this visa. I am leaving a great job to move and marry so it is a little hard to swollow the fact that we are having this trouble. If you have any other information as well that would be great, many thanks.

AEH

You are looking at an "affidavit of support" problem.

The law says that the US citizen has to be able to show enough income to support all the members of his future household. The rule is that he has to show that he earns 125% of the federal poverty guidelines (with some exceptions).

If I understand correctly you will be a household of 6. This would mean you have to show an income of US $ 32,337.00 per year.

You can find more information about this topic here: http://uscis.gov/graphics/howdoi/affsupp.htm#poverty

Question on K_3 Visa

Thank you for your help, there will be five in our household as my son will be staying in Canada with his father. I will check this out and search the site you have provided again thank you.

AEH

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back