Question, Not sure where to post this...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ron_M

Whenever my step daughter goes to see her father, which is few and far between she has come home saying that he and his new wife were drinking and doing drugs. One time she said that they made her stay in a back bedroom while them and friends where in the living room doing there drugs. My wife even picked her up from there one time and they were smoking pot on the couch with their newborn laying next to they. I know she only goes over once every 3-4 months and according to their divorce someone is suppose to be their when she visits her dad. I want to adopt her also. Is anything worth taking any action against him. Would it make the adoption process any easier, faster or would any of this cause more problems than its worth?

First, it is always best to include a subject header for your post that explains what your post is about.

Second, have you petitioned the court to change custody rights?

Third, adoption typically requires consent of the parents. Simply establishing some drug use may not be sufficient. Understand that adoption may terminate the support obligations of the real father and place them upon yourself.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back