Question Join ownership of Credit Cards

TDBIWMW

Jurisdiction
New Jersey
Last moth I got a notice from Capital1 Investing that there had been a change to my credit score
the msg said my cerdit was now 601 prior to this notice I had tier 1 credit in the 780 range

I ran my free yearly credit report and found that my wife had done a 45,000 settlement on two
cards that I was join on. I never had either one of these cards and never made a purchase

I just went to try to cosign for a loan so my daughter could buy a used car then it hit me
I'm totaled destroyed I got two offers at 20% with a 500 dollar bank fee

This will stay with me unit I turn 73.

Does any know if I have any recourse in this situation I never signed anything approving this transaction

Thanks

Does any know if I have any recourse in this situation I never signed anything approving this transaction

A spouse is the same as a business partner.

A marriage is a business.

When you marry someone, the other party can contract on behalf of your corporation, otherwise known as your marriage.

Your partner is obviously an untrustworthy person.

Your recourse is to continue to stay in "business" with her, or dissolve the partnership, as in DIVORCE.

As far as the damage allegedly done to your finances, you can address that during the divorce.

However, if your partner has few assets, its the same result as suing a broke, bankrupt, deadbeat.

I suggest you discuss your concerns with a divorce attorney, ASAP.

You might also talk to a bankruptcy attorney.

Good luck.

Back