Roomate question about roomate situation

Status
Not open for further replies.

roomate

I rented an apartment in July 2007. In December, I decided to let a friend of mine move in with me, as he did not have a job and had nowhere to go. At the time he wanted me to let his girlfriend move in and I said no. Now that he has a job, he only stays at the apartment for 6 days a month, the time allowed per the lease agreement for his girlfriend to stay. The rest of the time they live at a motel, but come to my house everyday to eat supper. Now I want his name off of the lease, but he will not willing take his name off of the lease, what can I do? The manager did not want to add his name to the lease, because she saw what I couldn't see - that he was using me, and she cannot take his name off of the lease without his consent.

Q: Now I want his name off of the lease, but he will not willing take his name off of the lease, what can I do?

A: Buy him out. Money talks.

That would be good, if I could afford to do that. I live in a low income apartment complex, work for minimum wage at about 25-30 hours per week. Right before I added his name to the lease I started getting rental assistance. I think the only reason he moved in was because my rent is so low, that if he has to pay anything it will be a minimal amount. Also he is not having to pay for a motel for one week out of a month. I would like to take him to court to evict him. I just don't know if that is an option at this time. He pays me nothing for rent, bills, or groceries. We now work at the same place, and him and his girlfriend come over every night and eat supper with me and my son. I have tried discussing with him that he needs to help out with rent, bills, and groceries, but he does not want to have this discussion. I just need advice on what options I have other than buying him out, as I can not afford to do that!!

I would like to take him to court to evict him.

Okay, do that then.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back