question about restraining order

Status
Not open for further replies.

irondr

I was served a temporary restraining order about three weeks ago. I decided not to dispute it. How do I ascertain if the order was granted, since I have received no notice of a ruling ?

another question about restraining order

I stated in my previous question that I decided not to dispute the restraining order. That means that I did not go to the court date. Now that a couple of weeks have passed,and I have not received anything in the mail, I would like to know how I can find out if the court granted the order: perhaps a website?

I would highly recommened you consult your cities website online.

In my city we are allowed to check if we have anything on our records, or if anything is pending. Now then if your city doesnt offer these types of services I would recommened visiting your local municipal court for verification. But I am pretty sure you must goto court for something of that matter. (I believe)

Perhaps tiftay1, can add to this matter.

What was the TRO for? I'm assuming that this is an order of protection? You can find out if the order was granted by going down to the courthouse and observing the case file to see whether the order was granted. If your city has electronic filings you should be able to view the filings in the courthouse and you'll be able to see the status.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back