Question about court ordered mediation for visitation

Status
Not open for further replies.

melaniein916

My husband has asked for no visitation for me with our kids, it was granted temporarily.
The judge ordered immediate mediation to resolve this disagreement. We went to the mediation a week later, (that was on 8/30/10). Afterwards the mediater called me to tell me that she would mail a copy of her report as soon as it was ready.
I waited until 1 week before our court date with the judge, but I still had not received it.I called Family Court Service. They tell me it was mailed out on 9/3/10 accordiing to the computer.
They said to come in and pick up a copy if it doesn't arrive in the next few days. So I go to the court house, on Friday to get a copy so I can be prepared for my hearing on Monday. The clerk says tat they don't give the parties copies of the report because it was a referral for immediate mediation. They only give them for the ones that are -not-immediate refferals.
I need to know why I don't have the right to this information just because it was immediate mediation instead of regular time frame. This feels like discrimination or something. Why does the family courts make this process so hard?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back